What to expect at a massage or spa shop in India during the pandemic?
We all know that a Massage Spa is to get a full relaxed mind and luxurious feeling. It is to enjoy the most unforgettable and splendid experience of pampering. But, is it safe to visit a Massage or Spa shop right now? We all know how the importance of staying at home or maintain hygiene & physical distancing with others. It can help us to keep our loved ones and ourselves fit and healthy.
In India, almost all the major or metro cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, and others have Massage/Spa centers. By the way, this industry is continuously growing at a fast pace for the past few years!
Why do we need a massage and a spa treatment?
There are tons of benefits one can enjoy from a regular Massage Spa:
- – Helps in better breathing
- – To get relief from different kinds of stress
- – Avoids wrinkles and aging issues
- – To get strength in the weak muscles
- – Helps in maintaining better heart rate
- – To release the stored tension
- – Lessen the blood pressure
- – To relax the muscles
- – Cures back pain, fibromyalgia, back pain, arthritis, and rheumatic conditions
- – A sound night sleep
- – Relaxation from chronic muscle pain
- – Body detoxification
- – To treat temporary paralysis, nerve damage, internal bleeding, and allergic reactions in facial massage
- – Enhance alertness
- – Digestive wellbeing and better bone blood supply
- – To get out of pains and aches
- – Helps in reducing body weight
- – To give relief from constipation and gas
- – Enhance the circulation and flow of Blood
- – To control stamina and anxiety
- – Rectifies muscular imbalances
- – To maintain emotional balance and better concentration power
- – Helps in the development of the immune system
- – To flush out the metabolic wastes
- – Fewer Headaches, More Happiness
- – To enhance the energy levels
- – Relaxation from Fosters
- – To break the Scar Tissue
- – Rehabilitation of the Injured Muscles
The big query is, is it Safe to attend a Massage Session in this Pandemic Period?
Let us briefly look at the common doubts people generally have in their minds and answers. All of them might help you to find the answer to the above big query!
Do you book a Massage/Spa online or by phone?
It depends from one service to another about whether they are allowing online or telephonic appointments or not. It is the best option that you should try to avoid getting yourself exposed to a large number of the public at the waiting lounge of the spa center!
Do you walk in directly or wait outside the Spa until they call you?
Once you have the appointment, it is best to inform them about your presence and wait until they call you. It can help you to maintain a safe distance from other people inside. Otherwise, you need to walk-in and discuss your requirements.
How are clients being kept separated from other Guests?
Most of them take care of staggered entry with proper social distancing to a limited number of their clients.
Do people get infected at the Spa or Massage shop?
Till both the clients and staff follow the safety protocols and hygiene, the infections can be prevented from spreading much. You can consult about the procedure before finalizing any service. As an alternative, online therapy and consultation are better solutions that the Massage centers can try.
Do people still get a massage now, or are they afraid?
During the lockdown, most people suffer from poor mental health, stress, sleep disorder, and depression. As per WHO, wellness is to achieve social, mental, and physical well-being.
After going through the above benefits of taking massage and Spa, we cannot deny that this therapy will keep us fit and healthy. But the main issue is that people fear the new COVID-19 virus!
Are the massage spa therapists still employed, and are they afraid to work?
Yes, of course, since the staff is also normal humans. They are having the risk of being working in proximity to many new clients every day. However, every problem has a solution.
The Spa industry also needs to come forward and promote their service. They need to find newer strategies to offer their service to prove it completely safe for their clients.
Is it safe to take professional massage?
Spas already included Ayurveda in their treatment process that denotes ‘Ayur’ life and ‘Veda’ or knowledge. So a Spa or Message is beneficial but Labor intensive service.
Today many spa management is following the right precautions. It can help you save your clients and staff from the virus to ensure their business runs like ever. Today, you can find the following changes in the spa centers;
- – It is mandatory for the staff to wear gloves and face masks and do not hesitate to use sanitizers whenever required.
- – Regular monitoring of body temperature.
- – Fitness certificate of clients from a Doctor.
- – They are maintaining proper required hygiene.
- – Top-notch air circulation and purification systems.
- – Using better quality of water.
- – They are discarding used face covers and gloves properly after the suggested usage limit.
- The shops won’t take a booking from travelers that arrived in the country without following the proper travel protocol. Covid travel restrictions do play an important role.
You can also follow proper precautionary steps from your side like Family vehicle is the safest transportation mode.
People love to be at home to maintain social distancing as much as possible, so these services’ demand has dropped a lot. Appointments for spa and massage were dropped at a fast pace since the rise of the pandemic. It is all because the therapy heavily relies on human contact.
There is still a possibility of danger for many small businesses and need support from their clients to survive further. Many spas or massage centers still need to realize the importance of switching their company on online platforms. They can use digital marketing to revolutionize their sales.
Many massage spa businesses offer gift cards, voucher codes, and discounts to their clients for long term benefits. They at least need to target the local people who are living within small motorable distances. They must avoid temporary discontinuation or complete closure of services.
Some people do not like the squeaky sound coming from the latex gloves and the disinfectant smell. Anyhow, we all need to manage and fight the ongoing issues for a better future.
By the way, the main motto of the spa is to get a piece of mind without any stress. If you still fear getting harmed by the virus, you should avoid it this time and be safe from any chances of counter-productivity. So it is best if you estimate everything before taking the final decision.
If you are still in doubt, it is better to avoid taking only a feel-good massage for some more time. It is just a tough time for the Spa and Massage centers. Otherwise, this is an ever-growing industry. After all, almost everyone among us would like to stay healthy and look great!