What you didn’t know about massage
Did you know that massage is one of the earliest forms of healthcare? It makes sense, rather, since our bodies are the first tool. Massage is as old as the humanity.
- Most of the massage therapists (masseurs) in South Korea are blind or nearly blind. By law.
- Because of the touch ability to reduce heart rate in can help to lower the blood pressure.
- The skin has millions of touch receptors and massaging the skin helps fight stress and anxiety.
- Massage helps with depression and insomnia by releasing endorphins. Ever fell asleep on a massage table?
- When sleep deprived a good massage helps restoring energy. It is equivalent to a few hours of sleep.
- The world record of a group massage is held by therapists in Indonesia which massaged 1000 people in one session.
- Massage is able to reduce pain and also improve your body posture.
- It can improve blood circulation throughout the body which in turn will make the recipient feel better.
- Massage will also improve lymph flow in the body.
- Lomi Lomi massage is a Hawaiian massage which in earlier times was accompanied by prayers, songs, and dance.